Thursday 10 November 2011

November update: Terra Nova, Star Crusades and the future...

Confederate taskforce
Terra Nova is finished
After months of work the manuscript for the final book in the Star Crusades series is finished. Fall of Terra Nova is now with the editor and proofreader to have the finishing touches put to the text. The final book in the five book series is by far the largest at well over 100,000 words, the longest novel I've written so far.

Dawn of a new series
This isn't a moment to sit and reflect though, starting this week I have begun planning a whole new science fiction series that will combine my knowledge and experience of computing, armed martial arts and ancient history. Once Fall of Terra Nova is released I will post up details of my new saga. For now, all I can say is it will be a longer series than Star Crusades and it will be heavily influenced on 4th century BC history mixed with science fiction and adventure.

The Future of Star Crusades
Where does this leave Spartan and the characters from Star Crusades now that the series is complete? That is a good question. First of all, I think it is important to understand that the five book series ends a story arc. There are more stories to be told in this world from the early days of Spartan through to the continuing adventures of the Jotnar.

1 comment: